Hotels in India
The hotels of India have something to offer everybody. In India, you have the options of staying as lavishly or as stringently, depending upon your budget. Numerous hotels catering the needs of millions of guests are available and you have to choose the one as per your requirements.
Starting from the budget class and going up till the 5 star categories, the hotels are marked by the services and amenities that they offer.
Types of Hotel
Depending upon the taste and requirements of the guest, various types of hotels are available.
This type of hotel is among the largest group of hotel types and caters specially to business travelers. Located mostly in the major business areas of the city, they are equipped with state-of-the-art technology and are suitable for large gathering.
Signifying the glorious history of the past, heritage hotels are located in a palace or fort, a part of which has been converted in to a hotel. These hotels are epitome of royalty and here guests can enjoy truly a king-size experience.
A perfect place for holiday, resorts are equipped with the most comfortable amenities and provide great options of leisure. Based on their location and facilities, resorts can be categorized in four categories.
- Seaside/Beach Resorts – The resorts that are located near the beach or sea are called as sea side resorts.
- Hill Resorts – Resorts located at the hill stations.
- Ski Resorts – These resorts do not only provide lodging but also have facilities for skiing.
- Jungle Resorts – Resorts that are located in the jungles or any forested area.
In India, the concept of hotel goes beyond the contemporary. Try hotels that are more than lavish interiors and elaborate comfort and amenities. There are many unique accommodation options available which are definitely worth a try. Personalized services, home cooked food and peaceful retreat is some of the facets which attract tourists to these unusual homes.
- Houseboat – One of the most popular staying options in India, options of staying on houseboats are available only in Srinagar and backwaters of Kerala. The only difference between both the accommodation is that while the houseboats in Srinagar are stagnant, the houseboats of Kerala are afloat. Prices start from Rs 1,500 for a night and can increase depending upon your requirement.
- Tree House – Tree house hotel is a very extraordinary concept and are an absolute delight, especially for the nature lovers. Among the popular names are Vythiri resort in Wayanad, Tree House Resort in Jaipur and many others in Maharashtra, Manali and Bandhavgarh. The price of such accommodation starts from Rs 4,000 for a night.
- Village Resort – The charisma of a village resort is truly blissful. There are numerous village resorts in the country that offer the tourists to experience the calm and colorful life of the Indian villages. Chowki Dhani in Rajasthan is the most popular name but there are many other village resorts spread across the country. Price starts from Rs 2,000 for a night.
- Desert Camp – These types of accommodation can be enjoyed in parts of Rajasthan and Gujarat. The price starts from Rs 2,000 per night depending upon the quality and comfort.
- Homestay – This type of accommodation in provided by the families that rent a part of their house for tourists. Staying in a home stay is a wonderful experience to know the local culture of the people. Food is generally included and the price is comparatively cheaper.
Boutique hotel, apartment hotels, suite hotels and airport hotels are some of the other options in the category of hotels in India.
Types of Hotel Categories
In India tourists can find various categories of hotel, priced on the basis of amenities and luxury they provide.
- Budget Category (Standard) – Providing the cheapest accommodation, these hotels have limited amenities. A budget hotel does not mean compromising on comfort for money, but these are value-for-money hotels. This is a good for those tourists that looking for affordaable accommodation. Price start from Rs 500 onwards.
- Medium Category (Comfort) – These category of hotels provide numerous amenities but at an affordable rate. Valet parking, buffet restaurant, room service and a small fitness center will be available. These categories of hotels are the most commonly used accommodation for travelers who are looking for the best of luxury at an economical rate. Price range from Rs 2,000 and above depending upon the inclusions.
- Luxury Category (Superior Comfort) – Usually located at the important locations in the city, and offers numerous amenities and services. These are the most luxurious accommodation in India, these categories of hotels have everything that a person can think of. Extraordinary interiors, ultra comfort and endless options of leisure are just a few highlights of 5 star category hotels. Perfectly suited for international travelers, some of the facilities available include valet parking, doorman service, personalized greetings and flowers in the room, PC or internet, shopping arena and safe in the room. There is so much to enjoy and explore that it will not be an exaggeration to say that these categories of hotels are and attraction in them. Prices start from Rs 8,000 for a night.
Most Popular Hotel Chains
Some of the most popular chain of hotels available in India include -
Taj Hotel – Tata Group
Hotel Oberoi – Oberoi Group
ITC Hotel – ITC Group
Leela – Hotel Leelaventure Group
Radisson, Jaypee hotel, Orchid hotels, Lalit hotels, Ambassador group of hotels, Clarks hotels, Cambay hotels, Ashok hotels and Crowne Plaza are a few distinguished names in the list of hotels in India.